Sunday, March 25, 2012

November Wedding Photo Shoot with Janice Cui

Wedding Photo Shoot 1
Today it's my delight to finally be able to share a few of the gorgeous photos from a wedding photo shoot to which I contributed desserts. I'm always trying to expand my repertoire, so I jumped at this chance to make ruffled gumpaste flower cake/cupcake toppers inspired by My Cake School. Thanks to wedding photographer Janice Cui for capturing everything wonderfully (I can't get over the bokeh in that first photo of the bride, can you?) and for getting me involved with this project to begin with. All the vendors involved did a splendid job, and I encourage you to check out their sites (linked below). Hope everyone had a nice weekend!
Wedding Photo Shoot 2
VENDOR CREDITS
Event Coordinator: Elegant Party Plans
Photographer: Janice C Photography
Flowers: J. Morris Flowers
Bridal Gown and Accessories: Layne Corban Bridal
Cake and Cupcakes: 6 Bittersweets
Hairstyle: A Cut To Dye For

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Everything looks marvelous.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! What magical little treats for a wedding. What was the frosting flavor? It looks like peanut butter :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danielle! It was actually just vanilla. They asked for the color to be a creamish color. I actually went a bit darker than planned (I've learned now that food coloring tends to deepen over time after you add it) but I think it still turned out nicely?

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous cupcakes and photos Xiaolu! Makes me want to get married all over again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! And the cakes are really, really beautiful!!! Love the color of the frosting and the gorgeous flowers... I wish you could have done my wedding all those years ago :) Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so gorgeous! Everything looks perfect! The cupcakes are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my god! so pretty Xiaolu! You are becoming an amazing cake artist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beauty, Xiaolu! I love the large cake as well as that cake stand - very elegant! I love how you have challenged and worked on your skills and how the results are showing. Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, it's almost like the bride is stepping out of my screen! Great post and cakes..

    ReplyDelete
  9. agree with Harini - u r a cake artist my friend! beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg the sweets look amazing!!! Amazing post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, my friends. Your kind words mean a lot to me =)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im so inlove with all your creations! I hope to work with you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janice! Would love to work with you again soon, too!

      Delete
  13. Love the clicks.. especially the flower on the cakes

    ReplyDelete
  14. those are such gorgeous cupcakes, Xiaolu! What a fun event to be a part of!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please leave me a message if you have questions, advice, or just to let me know you stopped by. Your feedback is always very much appreciated. Thanks! <3 Xiaolu