Sunday, March 11, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Recipe Round-up

As you probably know already, St. Patrick's Day is coming up on the 17th. Not only do I love this holiday because the "P" in...well...P stands for Patrick, but also because it's a lovely, once-yearly excuse to celebrate all things green and/or Irish (including their whiskey =p). For any of you in search of drinks or desserts for Saturday's festivities, here's my handy dandy round-up of St. Paddy's Day-friendly recipes here on 6 Bittersweets. Have fun and be safe this weekend, my friends!

Homemade Irish Cream
Birthday Dessert Table
Thin Mint Shamrock Cupcakes
Fudgetastic (Happy Holidays =D)
5. Homemade Coffee Liqueur and Black Russian Chocolate Kahlua Cake
***This one's just in here 'cause of reasons booze O=)
Black Russian Kahlua Vodka Cake
Mojito Cupcakes

13 comments:

  1. I love that mojito... I need one tonight...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your round-ups, Xiaolu! Great post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely roundup! Everything looks wonderful.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to complain on your beautiful blog, but there is no such day as "St. Patty's Day". The colloquial for St. Patrick's Day is "St. Paddy's Day". Otherwise, I remain a big Irish fan of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries -- I appreciate corrections if I make a mistake. It's fixed now =D. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Oh that cream fudge brownie..kahlua cake and the rerfeshing drink..I want everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I take the delectable shamrock cupcakes, all, please! We celebrate St. Patrick's in germany too, because there are lots of fans, loving the irish. Me too, we join a party in our local pub.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so fab! Here is what I did for St. Patrick's Day this year: Little Pot of Gold Mini-Cakes!! Check them out if you'd like another St. Patty's day idea :) http://www.orderinthekitchen.com/1/post/2012/03/st-pattys-day-pot-of-gold-mini-cakes.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful roundup! Everything looks amazing. I'm off to look a little closer at the homemade Baileys. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks so delicious! I love the Irish cream and the Black Russian chocolate cake. Bookmarking it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is EXACTLY what I needed for inspiration....I want to make every single thing.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please leave me a message if you have questions, advice, or just to let me know you stopped by. Your feedback is always very much appreciated. Thanks! <3 Xiaolu