Friday, August 26, 2011

Start Your Day Super (Cinnamon Teff Waffles with Blueberry Compote)

Cinnamon Teff Waffles with Blueberry Compote
A few months ago, I was contacted by Phil, a representative for City of Hope -- a leading research and treatment center for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases -- to ask if I'd make a recipe for their Superfoods Recipe Collection. He explained that over the past few years, the COH cancer research team had identified 5 foods "considered to have cancer-prevention qualities and should be included generously in everyone's diets": pomegranates, mushrooms, blueberries, grapes, and cinnamon.
Blueberry Recipe SealCinnamon Recipe Seal
These shouldn't be viewed as cure-alls or eaten to the exclusion of other healthy foods. But as part of a healthy, balanced diet with minimally processed food, these superfoods will help you control your weight, prevent or fight illness, and extend your lifespan. That was more than enough incentive for me to do my part in promoting 2 of these "superfoods," cinnamon and blueberry. Please head over to City of Hope's Facebook page to check out my Cinnamon Teff Waffles with Blueberry Compote and learn more about their incredible work. If you just need to grab the printable recipe quickly, click here.

20 comments:

  1. Lovely! I wish I could find teff here...

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rosa! I also listed buckwheat flour as a substitute in the recipe if you have access to that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look absolutely delicious, and good for my health too? Count me in! :) I know what I'll be making over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell my hubby will give a huge smile if I make waffle with blueberry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, those look sooooo good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly delicious one ... great healthy way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Asusual ur picture rocks Xiaolu :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Realmente delicioso!! Estupendo!
    Saludos Da & Mer

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks delicious and such a bonus that it is healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The waffles look yum and healthy! Heading to FB page.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey girlie, I randomly buy healthy ingredients hoping one day I will cook or bake with them. Teff is one classic example, got it on a whim, happy not I got a recipe to go with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both of these foods so I'm more than willing eat extra of them for extra health benefits! Off to check out this dish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can scent that aromatic fragrance of that cinnamon in the photo. The waffle looks nicely prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look fantastic - and healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here in mauritius we don't find blueberries, so i'll make a berry compote to go with those delicious waffles and i'll let you know how they turned out!

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really cute picture, and I like the science glass (sorry don't know how to call it). It's sort of out of place item that I wouldn't pick for the photo, but when I see it here, it totally fits in. Magical...

    ReplyDelete
  17. You can't get any better than waffles! And the blueberry sauce...wow!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please leave me a message if you have questions, advice, or just to let me know you stopped by. Your feedback is always very much appreciated. Thanks! <3 Xiaolu