Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday Favorites!

By now I should be well on my way to Singapore (yay!) to visit my cousin and aunt. I spoke to her just recently to do some basic planning and see if she wanted me to bring anything. Living here all the time, it's really easy to forget that many people around the world don't have access to the same things as we do. For example, my aunt (who lives in China and is only visiting Singapore) is diabetic and always asks us to bring her artificially sweetened chocolates, which she can't get at home. Just off the top of my head, I recall that many of you in Europe can't get your hands on graham crackers, while we Americans have a heck of a time finding fresh passionfruit here. Though I enjoy the interconnectedness of our modern world in many respects, I must say it reassures me in some weird way that some things are still limited. Well that's all for my weekly rambling...hope you enjoy this week's picks =D!

1 Nicole Franzen-Cherry Tomato Mini Fresh Mozz Basil Bruschetta Toasts Idea
2 Sipsandspoonfuls-Rosemary Crescent Croissant Bread Rolls Chili Paste Ch Idea
3 Shewhoeats-Cherries Apricot Clafoutis, Mini Tart
Mango Peach Raspberry Popsicles by La Tartine Gourmande
4 La Tartine Gourmande-Mango Peach Raspberry Popsicles
Fresh Longan Fruit from Mochachocolata-Rita
8 Mochachocolata-Longan, Lychee Ingred
Mushrooms and Homemade Bread from Az élet napos oldala
5 Bognarreni-Mushrooms Ingred Bread Loaf Wood
Chinese Mapo Tofu from Not Quite Nigella
9 NotQuiteNigella-Mapo Tofu Chinese Stirfry
Cherries from A Meandering Mango
7 AMeanderingMango-Cherries
Quince Brie Black Forest Ham Panini from Muy Bueno Cookbook (Photograph by Jeanine Thurston)
4 Muybuenocookbook Photo by Jeanine Thurston-Quince Brie Black Forest Ham Panini
Shrimp Tacos with Spiced Peach Jam from Design Sponge
6 Kristina Gill-Shrimp Tacos Wraps Spiced Peach Jam Idea

23 comments:

  1. love your tuesday faves! have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, as alaways! I really enjoy that series.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying this every Tuesday. I'll take time to visit and read their post till next Tuesday... Have a wonderful trip to Singapore! I now know several blogger friends there and I wish to visit one day.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much!! :)
    Cheers,
    Reni

    ReplyDelete
  5. So kind of you to include my Rosemary rolls....yay. Have a fabulous time in Singapore and make sure you relax but take a lot of pictures as well. And yes, my FIL always ordered diabetic chocolates when we used to live in London!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great links as always. Have fun in Singapore :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks yummy. I don't know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful collection of food pics.
    Have a nice trip, Xiaolu.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that pairing of a round of mushrooms and a round of bread, good eye with that one. Those popsicles were a highlight to me as well, and HECK YES @ shrimp tacos!!

    Enjoy Singapore. I can only wonder at what it's like there:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. As usual your favorite Tuesday always turn very appealing! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am really loving your favorites series. You have a great eye for spotting amazing photographs and bloggers. Congrats on the top 9 today:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the post - stunning photos!
    Have a safe and wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, guys! Glad you're enjoying the series -- I love preparing these for you, too =D.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww! Super sweet! So excited to see our panini on your site. Delicious and yummy round-up! Thanks for including us! Have a safe trip! ~Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  15. your tuesday favorties are my everyday favorites....super great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great links, as usual! Have a great time in Singapore!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful round-up. You are so right about passion fruit. What gives?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the round-ups...they all look so tasty and nicely done.
    Hope you are having a great week Xiaolu :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I totally enjoyed the photos and inspired me some, too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please leave me a message if you have questions, advice, or just to let me know you stopped by. Your feedback is always very much appreciated. Thanks! <3 Xiaolu