Friday, April 27, 2012

Tart Lemon Cake for Mother's Day (Guest Post for Pure Joy Events)

Tart Lemon Layer Cake for Mother's Day Craft Photo Shoot
I'm lucky to live near 2 fabulously talented food and party blogger friends, Christine of Pure Joy Events and Heather of Chickabug. It was such a pleasure to collaborate with the 2 of them previously, so I was excited when Christine suggested we team up again for a special Mother's Day project! For our latest undertaking, Christine made this fabulous memo board of colorful clothespins to provide the perfect setting to show off memo to Mom cards custom-designed by Heather. And I added a measure of sweetness with my Tart Lemon Cake! Please head over to Pure Joy Events for the full cake recipe and to Chickabug for the Mother's Day memo board tutorial, FREE memo to Mom printable, plus the lemon cake recipe card. You can also find a plain-text printable version of just the cake recipe here.

Tart Lemon Layer Cake for Mother's Day Craft Photo ShootClothespins and Memos DARKER TEXT

19 comments:

  1. The clothespins are fantastic idea! And I love your photo up top with the reflection on the cake server!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely cake! Heading over to Pure Joy Events.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the simple and clean way you chose to frost it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Xiaolu, can I tell you all the ways I adore your photography?? I especially love the one of the clothespins between the plates... just beautiful. It's such an honor to collaborate with you! Let's do it again soon! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake looks so simple, and is so stunningly beautiful. Any mom would go nuts for this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the presentation almost as much as the cake. And I'm normally not one to notice it all

    ReplyDelete
  7. I MAJORLY wish I could make a lemon cake for mother's day but my father HATES citrus. Hmm maybe I'll do it anyway....it's not HIS holiday. Off to check out the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful display! That cake sounds and looks amazing!

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous. The cake is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cake. Beautiful presentation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely cake, going to trye that one very soon! Great idea that clipboard :)

      Delete
  11. Thanks, everyone! Glad you like it =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. the lemon cake look scrumptious! and i love that second shot with the winding yellow pegs. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please leave me a message if you have questions, advice, or just to let me know you stopped by. Your feedback is always very much appreciated. Thanks! <3 Xiaolu