Saturday, April 14, 2012

Saturday Favorites and Three Amazing Bands

UPDATE: I just saw the most amazing concert in D.C. with my friend R. I went for a British singer-songwriter I adore, Benjamin Francis Leftwich, but I ended up falling in love with all 3 acts there! And during the 2nd act, I kept noticing people kept saying hi to the person behind me. When I finally turned around I realized it was Benjamin! I got tongue-tied but managed to tell him I loved his work and had come just to see him. He was really sweet and gave me a hug. All 3 bands were so great that I had to add samples of their work below. PLEASE give them a shot! IMHO great music can transform your life.





Just stopping by to drop off this week's food photography favorites. Plus I wanted to let you know I've got another video, a savory *gasp* dish, and a very spring-worthy sweet coming up. See y'all soon!

Goat Cheese and Roasted Garlic Beehive Photogragh from The Cheesemonger's Kitchen
1 CheesemongersKitchenBook-Goat Ch Roast Garlic Beehive Layered Dip Spread Cracker Idea
Lemonade and Candied Zest Photographs from Jonny Lindh
2 Jonny Lindh-Lemonade Drink Pitcher Candied Zest Idea Outside
Zebra Bundt Cake from Bakers Royale
3 BakersRoyale-Zebra Bundt Cake Marbled Slice Zinc Propwish Idea Cigarette Ash Soak Aging
Kiwi Mojito Cocktail Photograph from Unknown Source via Pinterest
4 Unknown-Kiwi Mojito Lime Rum Cocktail Drink Handheld Idea
Spring Wedding Cake by Wild Orchid Baking Company
5 WildOrchidBakingCo-Spring Grass Flower Fondant Wedding Cake Idea
Sweet and Savory Food Photographs from Alex Farnum
6 Alex Farnum Collage
Golden Dragon Cake by Sophie Bifield Cake Company
7 SophieBifieldBakeCompany-Golden Dragon Fondant Gumpaste Wedding Cake
Carrots and Radishes Photograph from Tartelette
8 Tartelette-Radishes Carrots Ingred Scale Propwish - Copy
Ombre Lace Wedding Cake by Vanilla Bake Shop via Wedding Chicks
9 VanillaBakeshop via WeddingChicks-Ombre Wedding Cake Royal Icing Lace Idea
10 Appledrane-Ramson Buds Picked Dandelion Buds Glass Jar Books Window
Frosting Color Guide from Food Network Magazine via Anna and Blue Paperie
11 FoodNetworkMag via  anna and blue paperie-Food Coloring Frosting Guide

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Lovely as always.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought a new camera and I'm still learning how to shoot. I'm thinking of a food theme to shoot since I love to eat. I'm learning a lot from this pictures. What camera are you using?


    Jenn's ice cream recipes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are actually my favorites from other photographers but all of the other non "favorites" posts have my own photography. You can see my photos and an article about my photography equipment/tips here: http://www.6bittersweets.com/2011/08/my-take-on-food-styling-and-photography.html I use a Canon Rebel XS (a dSLR) camera.

      Delete
  3. Golden Dragon Cake would have been a perfect cake for New Year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting center tier on the dragon cake. Love the exotic pickled dandelion buds idea & photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of the first two bands but I'm liking it! I just got some of their music. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great website and pictures what kind of camera do you use they are so sharp! best wishes. i like cake music.

    love to bbq

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Those are some awesome looking pictures. Love the spring cake, and that chocolate tart thing. Must. Have. Now!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please leave me a message if you have questions, advice, or just to let me know you stopped by. Your feedback is always very much appreciated. Thanks! <3 Xiaolu