Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tangerine Orange Mousse Recipe for Pure Joy Events!

Tangerine Mousse
Photography by Rebecca Watkins
A few months back I was lucky enough to contribute some Chinese New Year-themed desserts to a party shoot by Pure Joy Events for the online party magazine, Bird's Party. Christine liked my Tangerine Mousse so much that she asked me to share the recipe on her blog. Though this would be a great, simple dessert for any party, tangerines and oranges are especially suitable for CNY because their names in Chinese sound similar to the words for luck and wealth, respectively. They're thus are frequently given out around this time of year. Please head over to Pure Joy Events blog or if you're in a hurry, you can grab the printable recipe here!

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely Beautiful! Now heading off the pure joy blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came back from her site. I love this recipe Xiaolu! We always have tons of tangerine oranges at home. What a great dessert recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice way of serving mousse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I generally don't LOVE orange-y flavors in desserts...but it actually sounds incredibly appealing as a mousse. Off to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This mousse must taste just divine!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photo! We don't have tangerines here, but the mandarins are outstanding and so are the oranges. A little substitution can't hurt. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely -- I'm sure it would be equally delicious with mandarins :).

      Delete
  7. Heading over to read the recipe, but have to say, that the presentation is such a refreshing approach from the usual glasses! Simply beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! And I'm sure they were delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, beautiful photos, I'd like to link to this on Zenspotting, would that be ok?
    http://www.zencancook.com/zenspotting/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That tangerine mouse looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't seem to find where the gelatin goes in. Did I miss it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing out the error, Zack! The directions "Place the egg yolks in a heavy saucepan and add the sugar, lemon juice and tangerine juice." SHOULD ACTUALLY BE "Place the egg yolks in a heavy saucepan and add the zest, gelatin mixture, sugar, lemon juice, and tangerine juice." The error was in the original recipe from NYTimes that I adapted mine from, but I still should have noticed and corrected it earlier. Thanks a lot for pointing it out!

      Delete

I love hearing from you all! Please leave me a message if you have questions, advice, or just to let me know you stopped by. Your feedback is always very much appreciated. Thanks! <3 Xiaolu