Friday, November 11, 2011

Angry Birds! Fondant Cupcake Topper Tutorial!

Pumpkin Decor
Happy Friday! I hope everyone's got something fun planned this weekend. Tell me about it comments, please. That way I can at least live vicariously as I prepare for another blistering round of exams 8). Boring things in my life aside, I'm excited to finally share this Angry Birds Fondant Cupcake Topper Tutorial that I was lucky to photograph a few weeks ago. This was one of several recent collaborations with Christine of Pure Joy Events, who recorded the directions while the incredibly talented Loan of PhoebeCakes demonstrated her surprisingly easy technique behind these adorable, edible Angry Bird cupcake toppers. I'm actually a bit behind the times with my dumb (not-so-smart ^_^) phone and have never actually played the Angry Birds game. But it seems to get people pretty excited, so I hope you guys enjoy this! Please head over to Pure Joy Events for the full step-by-step photo tutorial for Angry Bird cupcake toppers!

24 comments:

  1. ahha amazing! They look so real! :) I m gonna have a look at your blog, it looks very nice. Good luck for your exams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Heading over there...

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Xiaolu, arent they cutest ones, good luck with your exams !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are adorable xiaolu! good luck on your exams :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cute!! Good luck with your exams! I'm going to a huge craft fair today (circle craft) and a birthday dinner on Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those angry birds look soooo cute! Good luck with your exams, Xiaolu. And now, heading over the pure joy :)

    HUGS <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angry Birds (the game) is so funny haha..the toppers are so cute and good luck with your exams!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressive! They look too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so darling. My kids leaned over my shoulder to see them and gave them the thumbs up! I love working with fondant. Brings back childhood memories of working with clay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Waooooo it's funny!! I like angry birds in my ipad! hahahaha,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that's talent! I'm still intimidated by fondant, mostly because I have no sculpting skills to speak of, but things like this keep tempting me to give it a fair try.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with exams Xiaolu!!! Those angry bird characters are SO cute!!! They look absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please leave me a message if you have questions, advice, or just to let me know you stopped by. Your feedback is always very much appreciated. Thanks! <3 Xiaolu