Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday Favorites

First off, I'm gonna point out the obvious that this round of weekly favorites is ever-so-slightly dominated by wedding cakes 8p. And for the first time I've included 2 favorites from the same source. Both of these can be attributed to my discovery of The Caketress last week. As you might've guessed by now, I follow quite a number of party/style/wedding blogs. So I've seen (and shared with you) a number of impressive special occasion cakes previously. But from the moment I laid eyes upon the jeweled pieces of edible art below by The Caketress, I was awed, enchanted, and absolutely addicted to her distinctive work. If, after browsing the images below, you find yourself as head over heels as I was, I recommend you check out more of her work on her website. Plus if you're interested in the woman behind the cakes and how she got started in this business, here's a great little video promo about Lori Hutchinson, aka The Caketress.

Jeweled Wedding Cake by The Caketress
1 Caketress httpwww.elizabethinlove.com Jewel Wedding Cake Idea
Another Jeweled Wedding Cake by The Caketress
2 Caketress-Fondant Jeweled Wedding Cake Idea
Wedding Cake Trio with Fondant Ruffles, Spun Sugar Trail, and Fondant Eyelet Lace by Ambrosia Cake Creations
3 Ambrosiacakecreations-Frilled, Spun Sugar Trail, and Fondant Eyelet Wedding Cakes Idea
4 PlumGorgeousBook-Prosciutto Cheese Fig Relish Panini Grilled Sandwich
Blueberry Cocktail Photograph from La Buena Vida
5 Nicole Franzen-Blueberry Cocktail Drink Outside
6 FoodPlusWords-Pumpkin Spice Vietnamese Iced Coffee Drink Fall Idea
7 KnottyBride-Gorgeous Piped Wedding Cake Gumpaste Peony Flower Idea
Star Wars Decorated Cookies Using Holiday Cutters from The Sweet Adventures of Sugar Belle
8 SweetAdventuresofSugarBelle-Star Wars Decorated Cookies Idea Process Cutters
9 Roost-Rosemary Apple Butter Jam Preserves Sauce Books Idea
Veggie Samosas via Caroline Velik (Food Stylist)
10 Caroline Velik (St)-Vege Samosas Idea
Roasted Butternut Squash with Blue Cheese and Sage from Fresh Tart
11 Freshtart-Roasted Butternut Squash Blue Cheese Sage
Wild Berries Photograph from Feryersan
13 Feryersan-Wild Berries, Red Currant Lingonberry Scissors Ingred

19 comments:

  1. Omgsh I'm just dying over those cakes- BEAUTIFUL. And now I have to buy star wars cookie cutters to make cookies for the bf....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those first two photos from caketress! And the pics from Nicole at La Buena Vida were fun too- what a cute little cocktail party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS CAKES!
    I am so curious about the apple and rosemary butter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I love the use of holiday cookie cutters to make star wars cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE the cakes from the caketress! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Caketress' work! She is so talented! I want to be her when I grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what beautiful cakes,loved cakestress work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowsers! Totally love the jeweled cakes (plus the Star Wars cookies).

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW to all the photographs. The wedding cakes are just unbelievable!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm curious about this wedding cake website now and off to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great links. The wedding cakes are phenomenal and I love the iced coffee photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those star wars cutters - hilarious!! & the apple butter looks divine. As do all those cakes. wow. great links, thanks!
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. These wedding cakes you included here are stunning. I especially love the first two photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those cakes are insanely beautiful! Makes me wanted to get married all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, so beautiful! I just discovered "The Roost" - its lovely. And thank you for introducing me to the Flickr stream of Feryersan...its amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just lovely! I discover so many new blogs/artists through this series.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please leave me a message if you have questions, advice, or just to let me know you stopped by. Your feedback is always very much appreciated. Thanks! <3 Xiaolu