Monday, October 10, 2011

Musical Monday: Neon Indian "Arcade Blues"

There're always so many new bands and albums coming out these days that it's hard for me to keep up sometimes. That's why I really appreciate people like my friend Steve-o and Michelle of Une-deux Senses, fellow music afficionados that help highlight the best of what`s out there so I can cut straight to the good stuff when I do have time to explore new music.

It was Michelle who recently turned me on to this group, Neon Indian, and now I can't get enough of their sound. I don't know if the 80s synth, the singer's voice, or what...but listening to their songs, especially "Arcade Blues" (video above), causes a welcome dreamlike nostalgia to wash over me. I hope you give them a listen and if you like this single, be sure to also check out their other songs "Polish Girl" and "Hex Girlfriend."

3 comments:

  1. I love it! This is totally my kind of music, we must have similar playlists. I've been trying to use Spotify but you're right, there's so much new stuff it's overwhelming; I often feel like I must be missing out on good stuff so it's great to discover something like this...
    Thanks for sharing!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it. love the hint of 80s in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! :)
    I really like your blog,
    I follow you :D
    ... maybe if you want, you could visit my blog too, ( I hope you like it ;) )
    kisses!
    http://modacapitalblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please leave me a message if you have questions, advice, or just to let me know you stopped by. Your feedback is always very much appreciated. Thanks! <3 Xiaolu