Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Latest Music Obsession: Patrick Wolf "House" and "Time of My Life"



I see this world living in black and white, I'm thinking about trying to make people feel again with music. There's so many forgotten and secret things in the world that I want people to know about, and if I can be a vessel for those things, just for one little moment of somebody's life, then I'm going to do that through my performance, through my visual as well, because it's all communication that shouldn't be wasted. P. Wolf

Today I'm sharing 2 videos from another of my favorite artists, Patrick Wolf. I love that this English singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist (including ukulele, piano and viola) is so unabashedly unique. Each one of his 4 albums so far has been unlike anything else I've ever heard...very distinctly him yet also distinct from each other. If you put stock in celebrity endorsements, Lady Gaga is quoted as having said, "I'm really into an artist right now named Patrick Wolf. I think you would really love him — really fantastic, amazing.”

Both these singles featured today are from Mr. Wolf's upcoming album, Lupercalia (set for release this summer). While I'm truly smitten with both songs, I also wanted to share them together because I enjoy the juxtaposition of having a song each featuring the joy and pain of love, respectively. I'm sure most of us can relate to both sides and I'm glad he's showing them. As usual, I hope you'll love this artist as much as I do, unconventional though he may be.

I also wanted to thank everyone who participated in my poll asking what type of posts you'd like more of on 6 Bittersweets. The majority of you told me you want to see more healthy recipes shared here, but savory recipes and food photography tips weren't far behind. Your input definitely means a lot to me, and I hope to incorporate more of all 3 types of content into my posts in the coming months.

6 comments:

  1. Love the 'House' vid! So surreal ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally downloading this. thanks for the "referral"! :) I do like your sporadic music posts. Definitely a nice surprise sprinkle of something extra. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I stopped in to see your gorgeous Lemon Macarons (that I read about on Baking Bites) because I found someone else that is a music obsessive. Looks like our taste is quite similar.

    I had a long time aural affair with Patrick Wolf's 'The Magic Position'. I had not heard these songs, yet. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm always excited to "meet" other P. Wolf fands. I highly recommend his first 2 albums, by the way, if you haven't heard them. This new one is fabulous. It's so great to see him full of joy instead of angst/confusion and he still creates great art!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please leave me a message if you have questions, advice, or just to let me know you stopped by. Your feedback is always very much appreciated. Thanks! <3 Xiaolu