Thursday, October 1, 2009

American Samoa Tsunami

Photograph from WHEC-TV

While I happen to have a lot of random knowledge about the U.S. territory of American Samoa, most Americans probably weren't aware of its existence and location until this week. The news coming out about the aftermath of the tsunami seems to get worse by the day. Here is one recent article from the Australian news. My thoughts and best wishes go out to the people of Samoa and American Samoa, especially those who have lost or are still searching for friends and family, during this terrible time and as they begin a long journey of recovery and rebuilding.

1 comment:

  1. It is so terrible when tragedy befalls any community. Thank you for taking time to acknowledge this! My thoughts will be with these people.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please leave me a message if you have questions, advice, or just to let me know you stopped by. Your feedback is always very much appreciated. Thanks! <3 Xiaolu