Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thursday Favorites and Happy New Year!

You know the holidays are wonderful indeed, but all the food and presents and festive gatherings can really make you feel spun about and hardly able to tell head from tail. To the point that your usual "Monday Favorites" were buried and forgotten until this morning! (This being a completely hypothetical example, of course =p) I hope you're all similarly and quite happily occupied and thus not too disappointed when my Monday post failed to materialize on time. Well fret not for I have returned ;)...and with not only my trusty selection of drool-worthy food photography features but a few trailers for movies and shows I'm particularly excited about at the moment. The BBC show, Sherlock, is actually going into its 2nd season on New Year's Day (*squee*) but I've opted for the season 1 trailer below since you simply must start at the beginning (easily done as it's only 3 episodes, all of which are on Netflix Instant!).




And both because I'm currently digging all things Benedict Cumberbatch (he's the star of Sherlock) AND because it's a genuinely addictive show, I recommend you check out the British radio show Cabin Pressure, which follows the crew of a hilariously problem-prone single-plane "airline." As always, enjoy! I won't be checking in again 'til next week, so I hope you have a fun and safe New Year's!

Mini Meringue Tart Photograph from Jan Luijk
1 Jan Luijk-Mini Meringue Tart Stand
Raspberry Ice Cream-Filled Eclairs and Almond Cream Puffs Photographs from Taste.au
2 TasteAu-Choux Cream Filled Puffs Fingers Raspberry Ice Cream Idea
Draped Wedding Cake by Sharon Wee Creations
3 SharonWeeCreations-Draped Fondant Wedding Cake Idea
12 Rikkims-Chestnuts
Baked Challah French Toast from Domino Magazine
4 Dominomag Mikkel Vang-Baked Challah French Toast
Maple Walnut Custard Pie from Seven Spoons
10 SevenSpoons-Pie Slice
Ginger Mojito from A Little Relish
7 ALittleRelish-Ginger Mint Mojito Cocktail Drink Idea
8 Foodthrualens-Kompot Peach Red Currant Drink Ingred Idea Wood Stool
Sliced Ham Photograph from Michael Graydon
9 Michael Graydon-Sliced Ham Holiday Xmas Idea
Lebkuchen and Garam Masala Macarons from Passionate About Baking
13 PAB-Lebkuchen and Garam Masala Macarons

21 comments:

  1. Everything looks so good. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!

    Happy New Year and all the best for 2012!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you & your family, Xiaolu. Wishing you the very best and also not forgetting to wish you a very Happy 2012. And may all good things coming to you. As always thank you for sharing another wonderful post.
    Blessings
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful collection of favourites Xiaolu! You have amazing taste. It's amazing how time seems to disappear over the holiday season. I couldn't believe it's December 30 already. It felt like Christmas yesterday!!

    Best wishes for you for 2012. I hope all of your dreams come true and I can't wait to see what deliciousness you have in store to share with us in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love BBC's Sherlock Holmes. Can't wait for it to start this New Year. I did watch their Pilot episode and it blew my mind away.

    All the picks are so amazing!! Garam Masala macaroons by Deeba; who would have thought! Incredible.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year sweet Xialu. I am honoured to find my humble macarons here {in the midst of these beautiful posts}. Thank you for the link love, and hope 2012 is wonderful in every way. Have a fabulous new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you the best for the New Year! I have a feeling that 2012 will be a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These round-ups are diet killers, but so lovely on the ocular front :) Wishing you and your family a happy and healthy New Year, my dear! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! I especially love the shot by Michael Greydon...definitely one of my favorite photographers right now.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much Xiaolu!
    Have a wonderful New Year [:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! Happy and sweet 2012 to you, Xiaolu!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks great, loved Sliced Ham Photograph from Michael Graydon....Very happy new year to you girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy new year to you too! I always love seeing your favorites from around the web! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year, Xiaolu!I wish you all the best!
    Your pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful post!
    Happy New Year! 2012
    :)
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please leave me a message if you have questions, advice, or just to let me know you stopped by. Your feedback is always very much appreciated. Thanks! <3 Xiaolu