Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy CNY and Valentine's Day (I'm back!)

Valentine's Day 2010

Happy Chinese New Year (gong xi fa cai) and Valentine's Day, all! We're spending some time with my mom for the new year today, so Patrick and I celebrated V-day last night. An amazingly perfect, lovely evening, it was. We made a delicious meal (his stepmom's signature salad, French bread, dijon roasted potatoes, cheesy baked ziti, pizookie a la mode, and, of course, lotsa champaqne!), exchanged gifts (his, wonderfully thoughtful, though a bit extravagant ^_^), and enjoyed each others' company. Still don't know what I did to ever deserve such a man, but boy am I glad to have him. I love you, Sher.

Okay, the sappy part's over. I swear! Now I know there's some unfinished business to be gotten to here. Namely, the wrap-up and giveaway winners announcement for my "month" of vegan cookies. I'd hoped to have this post ready by now, but after setting a new overtime high at my office, it's taking longer than expected to get those creative food and photography juices flowin' again. But it's a comin', folks, you have my word. In the meantime, I leave you with my own little piece o' the Snowpocalypse of 2010...

Snowpocalypse 2010

7 comments:

  1. Welcome back!! =) Happy chinese new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have NO IDEA how happy I was to see that you posted! Happy Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day. I'm sure you have some delicious treats in store for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! :) Happy Chinese New Year! I can't wait for more fantastic recipes from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! I'm so jealous of that snow. Did you build a snowman?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear you're back! That meal looks divine. And man, check out the snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the sweet messages!

    squareby - I wish I could say I had, but I was literally passed out from exhaustion most of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yaey glad you're back to posting!! =) I'm jealous of all the snow you have.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please leave me a message if you have questions, advice, or just to let me know you stopped by. Your feedback is always very much appreciated. Thanks! <3 Xiaolu