Friday, December 25, 2009

Happy Holidays (I miss you all!)


Wow - I was completely bowled over by all the warm, supportive, and thoughtful responses you all left to my last post. Happily I can report to you that Mom and I talked things over and are getting along much better now. Sadly, work has now gone berserk as I prepare for a trial less than a month away. I hate to vanish on you like this and will miss writing here and dropping by your blogs, but hope you'll understand. Stay tuned, though, for the wrap-up of my vegan cookie month (and a half O=p) including book winners. Then I'm on hiatus, but I'll be back before you know it and am already planning all sorts of baking escapades for the spring.

On this special day made for sharing with our families and loved ones, I also want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and to thank you for being so wonderful! Plus I simply had to share with you the adorable photo above as a nod to all this darn snow and sleet we've been getting in the DC area. (You may notice I'm pretty enamored of the imgfave site.)

17 comments:

  1. Hi! Just wanted to say I read your post and am so glad to hear that you and your Mom are doing better! It honestly makes my day! Will miss you but we'll be here when you come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the message, Trissa! We're doing great and it really warms my heart to have met such caring people as you through blogging. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Xiaolu! I hope you had a good one and I'm sorry things have gotten so hectic! I miss your posts and all of your delicious treats but I know how life can sometimes get in the way of things. I'm so glad to hear you worked things out with your mom! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us in the future :D. Good luck with your trial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck!! See you when you get back! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy holiday to you!!! Such a cute and lovely picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your work. Look forward to when you get back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas to you too! 'See' you when you have finished up with your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Holidays and Best Wishes For A Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear that everything is going well. What a gorgeous picture and I hope you are having a marvellous holiday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for reminding me that spring is not SO far away. I hope you kick butt on your case!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Jessica - I sure hope we do! Thanks and Happy (early) New Year to everyone else, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Holidays! I'm so glad you sat down with your mom (that is such a tough thing to do and aren't you brave) The perfect start to a new decade.
    I've only just found your blog a few weeks ago but I'm still going to miss you. The best of luck in your trials. I'll be checking back to see what wonderful creations you stored up during the hiatus.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy holidays to you too! Hope you have a restful and restorative hiatus; I can't wait to see your delicious posts again when you return. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll miss your posts! Good luck with your work. Hope you were able to enjoy the holidays a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I miss you too! I'll look forward to plenty of Spring baking. In the mean time, try to enjoy yourself- don't let work get too overwhelming! Super cute picture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, you guys! I'm still working and trial is less than a week of way, but I really appreciate your comments :).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, just wanted to let you know I have an award for you over at my blog. If your blog is award free or you choose not to participate, no worries - just my way of saying I enjoy your blog! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please leave me a message if you have questions, advice, or just to let me know you stopped by. Your feedback is always very much appreciated. Thanks! <3 Xiaolu