Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Favorites!

Hello there! I'm just dropping in to let you know that it may be a bit quieter around here in the next 2 weeks. Mostly it's because my first round of fall exams is next week, and you can bet I'll be busy trying to shove all that hard science into my cranium! Then any time I'm not studying will be spent making treats for a baby shower and adorable Little Mermaid-themed birthday party. But you know me...no matter how busy I get or what country I'm in, I'll always have a fresh batch of weekly food favorites to share with you!

Just one last thing before we jump into the visual feast. My good friend, blogger, and professional food photographer Joy is working with some friends on an online cooking show geared toward singles and couples called "1-2-Simple Cooking." Their goal is to provide "inspiration for joyous, healthy, and simple cooking on a smaller serving scale." I, for one, think the idea is fabulous, especially in light of my personal experience with having to eat the same meal for days on end after cooking a recipe meant to serve 8 people ^__^. They're trying to raise some money to get the episodes in gear. Please head over to their Kickstarter page to donate and/or learn more about this exciting project!

1 Notwithoutsalt-Watermelon, Caprese Cherry Tomato Mozz Basil Salad Idea
Pizza Bianca from Sweet Paul Magazine
8 SweetPaulMag-Pizza Bianca Flatbread Herbs Bicycle Outside
Chai Tea S'mores from Design*Sponge
6 DesignSponge-Chai Graham Cracker Cookies S'mores
Twig Mini Caramel Apples from Day to Day Wonderments
3 Allysonbakerdeisng-Twig Branch Mini Caramel Candy Apples Idea Fall
4 Cookrepublic-Choco Bundt Cake Wire Rack Dark
S'mores Cupcake Photograph from Honey and Jam
10 Honeyandjam-S'mores Choco PB Marshmallow Graham Cracker Cupcake Dark
5 Styledmag-Notmartha Lattice Cookie Pie Tops for Apple Cider Drink Fall Idea
2 WhitePlate-Caramel Coconut Cheesecake Wire Stand
Baked Cinnamon Apple Chips from Cupcake Project
7 CupcakeProject-Apple Baked Chips Cinnamon Fall Idea

27 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring my Chocolate Bundt Xiaolu! Wishing you a happy week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your exam. This post definitely makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that cheesecake! That cheesecake!! Good luck on your exam; your cranium shall deserve much pampering and deliciousness once it's all over :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your exams :)
    Really appreciate that you spent your time to find those beautiful pics. I love the Pizza Bianca photo, picnic scene :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bike picture is so unique! I also love the twig apples!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your exams. Great choice of recipes and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And the pictures can only mean one thing: fall has arrived!

    I spent the weekend camping out in the cold of upstate New York, but nowhere was there a caramel apple or a pile of s'mores in sight!

    I couldn't handle watching Little Mermaid; Ursula freaked me out too much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your selections and it so nice to see photo by Polish blogger :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful selection of recipes and pictures, Xiaolu! And good luck with your exams.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The shape of those apple chips is so cool!
    Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Xiaolu, all the best with the exams! (Where did you get time to visit blogs/sites and find us so many delicious treats?) THANK YOU!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I love those pie dough lattice cookies.. The S'more cup cake look so elegant. I love all the photos above and wishing I will be able to get my shots look half as good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great selections. Love the apples with the twigs. Good luck with your exams!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Xiaolu, thank you for shariing Monday favorites despite your busy schedule. Each individual blogger is just amazing. They are not ordinary blogger, they are real professional food photographer! I just can't stop saying wow... Good luck on your exams! I know you will ace them! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really fantastic picks this week, as always. I love these posts, it's so inspiring to see what other food photographers are doing! It's also very telling to see the recipes shift to a more autumn focus and feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are some great features u shared :) And good luck for your exam dear !

    ReplyDelete
  17. love to see Colin Cooke's photos from sweet paul magazine, this is the photographer i assist

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful collection as always! Love Sneh's cake and Sweet Paul's bike basket. so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good luck with all your exams!! :) All that food looks so amazing.. not fair since I'm hungry and will have to wait a while for dinner!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please leave me a message if you have questions, advice, or just to let me know you stopped by. Your feedback is always very much appreciated. Thanks! <3 Xiaolu