Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Latest Music Obsession: Anoushka Shankar & Karsh Kale "Slither"


This is the first instrumental song I've featured here and comes from the fabulous 2007 collaboration between Anoushka Shankar and Karsh Kale that, to quote one reviewer, "blends Indian classical, electronica and folk" styles of music. I was introduced to the fabulous title track of "Breathing Underwater" at the time of the album's release, but finally discovered the entire album only last week. It's a real adventure for the ears and like nothing I've heard before, but the track above is the one that immediately infiltrated my mind and has refused to bulge ever since. Hope you guys enjoy this as much as I have! And it's not too late to enter my cake stand giveaway if you haven't already!

6 comments:

  1. Truly a wonderful blending of Indian classical and western music! Thanks for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never be without music, being without music is like not eating!!! I like wester indian music as well, esp the flute, and Japanese enka sometimes... that aside.. I like pop, jazz and hip hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little out of topic but aww, what a cute profile photo :-)
    LOVE Anoushka and her dad Pandit Ravi Shankar. He's an Indian gem that we are so proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Prerna said, Love Anoushka and Ravi Shankar. Music for soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great discovery!! Definitely a real adventure for the ears! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looooooooooooove this song, especially the beginning. I love when electronica is mixed with other genres.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please leave me a message if you have questions, advice, or just to let me know you stopped by. Your feedback is always very much appreciated. Thanks! <3 Xiaolu