Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday Favorites and a Few Free Cookbooks!


 
Happy (belated) Thanksgiving! I hope all my US readers had a wonderful holiday surrounded by LOTS of good food and loved ones. I definitely did and am so THANKFUL for the people in my life right now. Since P's schedule (off work at midnight on Thanksgiving and back to work at 4 am on Black Friday) ruled out our usual tradition of driving to see his family, I did my best to create a little feast for us as well as my mom here: P's favorite tomato vodka pasta, scallion cheddar biscuits, steamed broccoli with hollandaise sauce, dijon mustard lemon roasted potatoes, Mom's celery mushroom wheat gluten stirfry, and tiramisu served in individual glasses.

In support of the holiday spirit (and to prevent my apartment from exploding from the pressure of too many unused cookbooks), I've decided to give away 4 cookbooks that are gorgeous and have gotten great reviews, but that I simply don't see myself using to full advantage anytime soon. To keep things simple, I'm giving these away on a first come, first serve basis, and I'll pay for shipping within the continental US. Simply comment with the title you want to enter. Limit 2 cookbooks per person, but feel free to name an alternative in case your 1st choices are taken.

1. Fresh in Summer by Alastair Hendy (Photography by David Loftus)
1 Fresh in Summer
2. The Essence of Chocolate by John Scharffenberger and Robert Steinberg
2 Essence of Chocolate
3. Holiday Cupcakes by Annie Rigg (Photography by Kate Whitaker)
3 Holiday Cupcakes
4. Heirloom Baking with the Brass Sisters by Marilynn and Sheila Brass
4 Heirloom Baking
Food Photography Favorites

Apple Pecan Whole Wheat Scones from Naturally Ella
1 NaturallyElla Apple Pecan Whole Wheat Scones
Blue Poppy Cake by The Fondant Flinger
2 FondantFlinger-Blue Gumpaste Poppy Flower Painted White Inside Fondant Cake Idea
Savory Autumn Leaf Pies from Martha Stewart
3 Martha Stewart-Savory Autumn Cutout Leaf Vege Hand Pies Empanada Idea
Buttermilk Pancakes with Blueberries and Spiced Maple Butter from The Food Dept
4 FoodDept-Buttermilk Pancakes Blueberry Spiced Maple Butter
Purple Artichokes Photographs from At Down Under
5 AtDownUnder-Purple Artichokes Ingred
Ruffled Wedding Cake by Wow Factor Cakes
6 WowFactorCakes-Bronze Tan Upside-down Ruffled Button Flower Fondant Wedding Cake Idea
Lemon Curd Trifle and Heart Sugar Cookies from Sweet Paul Magazine
7 SweetPaulMag-Xmas Tree Heart Cutout Cookies Lemon Curd Sandw Trifle Parfait Idea
Grilled Bok Choy with Braised Mushrooms from Food and Wine
8 FoodandWine-Grilled Asian Bokchoy Braised Mushrooms Chopsticks
Parsnips Photograph from Virginia Spilucchino
11 VirginiaSpilucchino-Parnsip Ingred Wood Board Towel
Black Ruffled Wedding Cake with Metallic Sugarveil Lace by Victoria Made
10 VictoriaMade-Black Ruffled Fondant Wedding Cake Metal Bronze Sugarveil Lace Idea

21 comments:

  1. Is Fresh in Summer still available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love heirloom baking! Is it still available?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take the chocolate one! I looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! Just email me your shipping address and it's yours =). It is a great book with awesome recipes and background info on chocolate. I made the challah recipe and used it for french toast=> http://www.6bittersweets.com/2011/04/lotta-scharffen-berger-chocolate-part-1.html It was really tasty, and I'm sure you'll love it.

      Delete
  4. I'll take whatever's left!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess that would be cupcakes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep -- just email me your address then :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. great list! and I love the books and your sunday favorite finds

    ReplyDelete
  8. All wonderful books, too bad I was late to the party. Loving your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would gladly take holiday baking if it is not taken. Thanks for the amazing offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Colleen! Thanks for responding, but all the books are now taken, unfortunately. I have some more that I'm on the fence about so keep an eye on the blog for future giveaways =D.

      Delete
  10. Great books, gorgeous links and beautiful pictures!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too bad I'm not in the US.
    Love those beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite is Blue Poppy Cake by The Fondant Flinger - looks so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That black cake is to die for! So stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful assortment- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. yummy! all you food lovers, I found a great app recently on the web!
    It is provides you with new recipes for Christmas days and the rest of the winter - on a daily base!

    i hope you'll like it. . .

    https://www.facebook.com/smartcaruk/app_538476539514757?ref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those savory autumn pies!!!! yum! how have you been? I hope you had a good holiday. Happy New Year in advance. I hope you do something young, fun, and carefree! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please leave me a message if you have questions, advice, or just to let me know you stopped by. Your feedback is always very much appreciated. Thanks! <3 Xiaolu