Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Favorites


Hi guys -- I'm still here! Sorry to be MIA again lately, but it's a bit of an understatement to say that my life has been kuh-ray-zeeeee lately! It's gonna be at least another few days before I can return with my first recipe in who knows how long, but I thought I'd go ahead and share the food photography and music favorites I've nonetheless been saving up in my spare moments here and there. Below you can also find a quick phone snapshot of a strawberry and vanilla cake I baked this week for a Hello Kitty fan's 7th birthday this week! I didn't have the chance to meet Kara directly, but I sure hope she liked her strawberry-loving kitty ^-^.

How've you all been? I've really missed our interactions and can't wait til things calm down to get back on track.


Hello Kitty Strawberry Cake for Kara
Ampersand Mosaic Wedding Cake by Blissfully Sweet Cakes
1 BlissfullySweet-Ampersand Cutout Fondant Decoration Mosaic Wedding Cake Idea
Basil for Snickerdoodle Cookies from Desserts for Breakfast
2 Stephsus-Basil Herb Close-up Ingred Idea
Nautical Wedding Cake by City View Bakehouse
3 CityViewBakehouse-Nautical Zigzag Gold Rope Gumpaste Flower Anchor Fondant Wedding Cake Idea
4 IndianSimmer-Cherries Ingred
Ombre Buttercream Wedding Cake with Bird Toppers by Sugar High Inc.
5 SugarHighInc-Bird Topper Ombre Buttercream Wedding Cake Idea
Roasted Peach Sherbet Cones from Always with Butter
6 AlwayswithButter-Roasted Peach Ice Cream Cones Scoop Propwish Idea
Key Lime Pie from Dolce Vita
7 DolceVita-Key Lime Pie Crumb Tart Stand Citrus, Mousse Pie
Snickers Profiteroles from Bakers Royale
8 BakersRoyale-Snickers Peanut Choco Caramel Candybar Choux Pastry Puffs Idea
Winnie the Pooh Cake by It's A Cake Thing
9 ItsACakeThing-Winnie Pooh Kids Bday Fondant Cake Wood Fence Stitch Name Writing Idea
Upside-down Plum Cake from Red Star to Lone Star
10 Redstartolonestar-Red Plum Upside-down Cake Metal Stand
Cute Flag and Button Cake by Cakeology
11 Cakeology-Fondant Ruffle Flower Button Ribbon Flag Toppers Wedding Cake Idea
12 Rachel5370CC-Sugarveil Lace Fondant Gumpaste Flower Blue White Wedding Cake Idea

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing those lovely links with us!

    Have a great week.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful delicious links - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been way too long since I've stopped by here. I love your favourites posts xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Xiaolu...where are you? that rhymes. i'm going to write a song for you. I decided. When you get your own cooking show, I will be a guest and play a song that rhymes. lol. love the key lime pie and the ampersand mosaic cake! Someone made the comment that Blogging is like exercise. Once you get off the horse it's not easy to get back on. I always think of that example.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...beautiful cakes and desserts. I especially love Snickers Profiteroles and upside down plum cake. Hmm delicious! I hope your summer is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that upside down plum cake and the others pics too are breathtaking! love the little hello kitty! Hope things ease up for you - but as long as you are busy having fun and doing amazing things that's ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss your posts, even though I'm not too regular on the catching up on blogs! Those are some amazing looking cakes. And I love the styling, especially on those ice cones! And that key lime piee! If I wasn't so behind on my dissertation, I'd totally be making it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missed you! And your lovely posts! A beautiful round-up once again...I especially love the nautical cake! Can't wait till you return :-)

    P.S. Hope everything is kuh-ray-zee in a GOOD way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pictures.We can't wait for your next recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for a wonderful round up - again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those occasion cakes are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please leave me a message if you have questions, advice, or just to let me know you stopped by. Your feedback is always very much appreciated. Thanks! <3 Xiaolu