Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday Favorites

Wow, my friend sent me "Prejudice", a funny song about redheads by Australian comedian Tim Minchin, earlier this week, and I have since tumbled headfirst in love with this guy! He's got a razor-sharp wit, raises serious social issues in a deceptively humorous (and admittedly often foul-mouthed) manner, and has got some serious piano and singing skills. His wordplay is just incredible, too, so if you're fairly open-minded and NOT easily offended, I highly recommend you look up some of his work. Above I've included a rare serious song by Tim. Perhaps it's a bit out-of-place considering that Christmas is over 7 months away, but to me this sweet message to his daughter is timeless and worth a listen at any part of the year. Hope you enjoy this and my other weekly favorites, and feel free to share some of favorite discoveries of your own in the comments below =D.

1 AtDownUnder-Buckwheat Savory Crepes Blue Ch Cream Sauce Walnuts Idea
Herbs and Fritters Photographs from Dietlind Wolf
2 Dietlind Wolf-Herbs Ingred Falafel Fritters
3 StuderTV-Cherry Ice Cream
Mushrooms and Soup Photographs from Heather Shaw
4 Heather Shaw-Mushroom Soup
Rhubarb and Almond Panna Cotta from Cook Your Dream
5 SarkaB-Rhubarb Almond Panna Cotta Stone Background Propwish
Mad Men-Inspired Wedding Cake via Wedding Chicks
6 WeddingChicks-Cutout Stencil Fondant Modern Poppy Flower Wedding Cake Idea
Rosemary Buttermilk Poundcake from Some Kitchen Stories
7 SomeKitchenStories-Rosemary Buttermilk Honey Loaf Cake Sliced
8 DessertsforBreakfast Almond Blackberry Cake Choco Shavings
Lace Wedding Cake by Sweet Cheeks Baking Company
9 SweetCheeksBaking-Fondant Lace Square Wedding Cake Idea
Baby Chevron Chevron Cake by Phoebe Cakes
10 PhoebeCakes-Polka Dot Circle Chevron Baby Shower Chevron Fondant Cake Idea
Strawberry Shortcake from La Buena Vida
11 LaBuenaVida-Strawberry Shortcakes, Scones
12 ASpicyPerspective-Pina Colada Pineapple Kiwi Dried Fruit Flower Cupcake Toppers Idea

4 comments:

  1. Watching food pictures
    is such a relaxing thing!

    I love the Herbs and
    Fritters one! The herbs
    are so beautifully put
    down c:

    I want to try the almond
    cake with blackberry!

    I love comedians, I like
    the slightly foul-mouthed
    once, aslong it's not
    toooo offended than I'm
    fine c:

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures and great food!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love everything you share. (music and food) Thanks for taking the time to do that. You totally got me hooked on Game of Thrones too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for getting a GoT convert! This season has been less cohesive in terms of story, but I believe that's due to the book itself. I think as the show progresses, it'll only get harder to keep the story tight as the author introduced so many different characters. Thanks for letting me know you're enjoying the favorites -- sometimes I do wonder if I'm just doing them for myself hehe.

      Delete

I love hearing from you all! Please leave me a message if you have questions, advice, or just to let me know you stopped by. Your feedback is always very much appreciated. Thanks! <3 Xiaolu