Saturday, May 5, 2012

Saturday Favorites!

It's really been a week for admiring a variety of art forms for me. In this week's round-up we've got music, a food video, paper quilling, and lots and lots of appetizing food (of course!). Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

P.S. - We got up early (by Saturday morning standards) at 8 this morning to see the new Avengers movie and even then it was packed. But it was masterfully done and just non-stop entertainment...well worth the pain of parting with my down comforter a bit earlier than usual 8p.


Peach S'mores Video from Claire Thomas
1 Yulia Brodskaya Paper Quilling
Chocolate Tart and Mousse Cups Photographs from Martin Poole
2 Martin Poole-Choco Tart Sliced, Coffee Mousse Pudding Custard Cups, Drinks
3.1 La Tartine Gourmande-Ramps Ferns Cauliflower Spring Greens Ingred Idea
3.2 LemonsandLavender-Escarole Sausage White Bean Broth Soup Pot Idea
Plum Streusel Photographs from Alex Farnum
4 Alex Farnum-Plum Streusel Crumble Almond Ingred Idea
Modern Black and White Wedding Cake by My Sweet and Saucy
5 Mysweetandsaucy-Modern Black White Fondant Wedding Cake Ruffle Brooch Painted Idea
Painted Cookie Art by Sophie Bifield Cake Company
6 SophieBifieldCakeCo-Painted Gold Pink Rose Decorated Cookie Picture Frame Idea
Creamy Wild Garlic Soup from Cinnamon and Thyme
7 CinnamonandThyme-Pureed Wild Garlic Soup, Greens
Leek, Apple, Fennel Sausage, and Goat Cheese Crepes from Crepes by Martha Holmberg
8 CrepesBook-Leek Apple Fennel Sausage Goat Ch Savory Crepe Wraps Slaw Idea
Chocolate Orange Wedding Cake by Tallant House via Snippet and Ink
9 TallantHouse via snippetandink-Choco Orange Square Wedding Cake Idea
Edible Flattened Bread Spoons from Scissors Paper Wok
10 ScissorsPaperWok-Edible Spoons for Dip Appetizer from Flattened Bread Idea
Pomegranate Radish Salad from Reza's Indian Spice
11 RezasIndianSpice Book-Pomegranate Daikon Radish Salad, Slaw Ingred Idea
Lemon Blueberry Drizzle Bread from Portuguese Girl Cooks
12 Portuguesegirlcooks-Lemon Blueberry Drizzle Glaze Loaf Cake Quickbread Wire Rack

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I really love those posts.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Rosa! Always appreciate you stopping by, my friend <3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOO, these are LOVELY! And thank you for introducing me to some new photographers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful inspiration! I love the color in those plums, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that cover of Toxic. The paper quilling portrait thing is breathtaking. Just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with that cover of the Britney song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loove the variety of things you have here! The black and white wedding cake is stunning, but so is the chocolate orange one! I really want to see the new Avengers!!!

    P.S. My bf's birthday is coming up and I'm making him a huge Stormtrooper head cake....and your wonderful Bailey's Cupcakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PLZ visit Sugar Drizzle, I'm still new to the blogging thing so plz don't judge and don't forget to comment to tell me what you think, thanks a million!

    http://sugardrizzle.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Xiaolu,
    thank you for including my photo in your Saturday favorites! Really lovely surprise :).

    Greetings,
    A.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please leave me a message if you have questions, advice, or just to let me know you stopped by. Your feedback is always very much appreciated. Thanks! <3 Xiaolu