Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday Favorites!

I've been a bit MIA recently (oops!). No big story behind it, just trying to keep up with life. Next week is my 5 year anniversary with P so I'll probably bake something special. I'll try to post it if I get some decent photos in =D. Hope you're having a fabulous month!

1 Cintamani-Papad Lentil Wafers Chips Hanging Clip Idea
Caramel Sauce from Call Me Cupcake!
2 CallMeCupcake-Caramel Sauce Ingred
Risotto and Pasta Photographs from Sharyn Cairns
3 Sharyn Cairns-Risotto Buffalo Mozz Olives Linguine Pasta
Ruched Dress-Inspired Wedding Cake by Intricate Icings
4 IntricateIcings-Ruched Dress-Inspired Wedding Cake Idea
Curried Squash Lentil Coconut Soup Photograph from Appledrane
5 Appledrane-Curried Squash Lentil Cocon Pureed Soup Flatbread
6 CitrusandCandy-Coconut Pancakes Grilled Bananas Caramel Rum Sauce Idea
Honey Hazelnut Cornbread from Inspiring the Everyday
8 InspiringtheEveryday-Honey Hazelnut Cornbread Iron Pan Idea
Herb and Pea Savory Tart from Photisserie
7 Photisserie-Frozen Peas Ingred Savory Pie Tart Quiche
Walnut Tartlets Photograph Styled by Rebecca Newport
9 Rebecca Newport (St)-Walnut Mini Tarts, Pecan Pie Wire Rack Idea
Honeycomb Milk Semifreddo with Raspberries Photograph from Taste.com.au
10 TasteAu-Honeycomb Milk Frozen Semifreddo Ice Cream Loaf Cake Slice Idea Raspberry
Earl Grey Tea Macaron Lollipops by Cupcakes Couture of Manhattan Beach
11 CupcakescoutureMB-French Macaron Lollipops Earl Grey Tea Sugar Pearls Idea

20 comments:

  1. I am a huge fan of "Call me Cupcake" photos and Sharyn Cairns beautiful styling! And I just discover the blog Citrus & Candy (like 5 minutes ago via Pinterest…) I think I am gonna spend a lot of time reading/ drooling over this blog! And thanks to you for sharing such beautiful inspirations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures, Xiaolu! Love that semifreddo and that gorgeous, GORGEOUS wedding cake! Thank you for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! i am a fan of dark background photos...Welcome back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're enjoying your time away from the blog. :) Happy anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress inspired wedding cake is AWE-mazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shout out Xiaolu! I always love these round ups, so many new beautiful blogs to add to my reading list! Happy anniversary for next week too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Xialou: I went to taste.com.au (frequent here).

    I searched for the Honeycomb Milk Semifreddo with Raspberries recipe and couldn't find it.

    Would you happen to have it?

    Beautiful pictures as always.

    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie, I guess they used "parfait" instead of semifreddo. Here it is! http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/24231/milk+honey+parfait+with+raspberries

      Delete
  8. The rouched wedding cake is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Thanks so much for linking to my page :-)
    I adore your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wowowowow. You are one of my heroes of baking/food blogging/cake decorating!! Thanks so much for saying that -- the feeling is mutual =DDD.

      Delete
  10. That cake <3 i'm also MIA latley...don't know why, like you say...trying to keep up with life....but, the spring is comming so i'm hoping for something better!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I miss coming here. Great links as always. I miss being inspired by all these beautiful photos. I feel I haven't studied much of photography lately. Thanks for inspiring me, Xiaolu!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of this looks amazing! I cannot believe how much talent is our there :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love dark background photos + i'm a huge fan of sharyn cains... and thanks so much for linking to my page ( cheesy puff pastry ... :), xialou <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wow. i should just quit.

    :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I know you're kidding, but that's really not why I post these at all. Half these are from magazines/pro food photographers, also. There's just for inspiration. Though to be honest sometimes I just gape at them and think I'll never reach that level as well. But that's not something we can ever say if we don't try and learn and grow. Glad to hear from you -- hope you're well!

      Delete
  15. Xiaolu what are you? A super machine - to find the best of the web on your favorites :-) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that caramel sauce photo...amazing. And the pancake one is great too.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please leave me a message if you have questions, advice, or just to let me know you stopped by. Your feedback is always very much appreciated. Thanks! <3 Xiaolu