Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Finding My Dream Cakestand

Photo from Woman's Day



Hi there, my lovely readers! I have another fun St. Patrick's Day recipe in the works that I can't wait to share with you all this weekend. But today all I have is a simple request. First, let me emphasize that this lovely photo is not mine but that of one of my favorite photographers, the ever amazing Con Poulos. And though I do love me some cupcakes, the real point of this post is to ask (plea, even?) for help obtaining the beautiful doily cake stand pictured above. I'd been searching for this stand for almost a year when I recently learned that it was sold by Anthropologie some time ago but is and will no longer be available form them. I'm not sure if it's sold somewhere else, but I'd be so grateful if you let me know if you've seen it. Or if you or someone you know owns it and is willing to sell it, I'd be willing to purchase it for full price or possibly higher. I know this is an unconventional means to find something, but it just shows how desperately I've fallen in love with this piece. Thanks for bearing with and helping me -XL <3

20 comments:

  1. That cakestand is indeed beautiful!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. i looked around but no luck so far. here are some similar-ish pieces you could check out, or maybe wait for it to show up on replacements.com?

    http://www.kaboodle.com/slightlypale/guide-cake-stands.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly pretty, hope you'll be able to find it, and share it with me, because I want it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll keep my eye out my dear! Looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lattice cake stands, and I am a collector....I have a bunch of pieces but I think shipping from Japan wouldn't be very economical...however... I have bought mine online from the US as well....

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Westmoreland-Doric-Lace-Cake-Pedestal-Stand-Milk-Glass-/260747845126?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb5c85e06#ht_500wt_817

    I usually do a search on ebay (lace cake stand) or even Etsy I get a lot of my stuff from these two places, and pottery markets = )

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cupcakes look so tasty. I love this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful recipe, and indeed a beautiful cake stand. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know exactly what u mean :-)
    Put the following @ amazon search bar (home,garden,pets)
    Gracie China Heirloom Collection Cake Stand, Fine Pierced Porcelain.
    U'll find something similiar,very , not exactly the same.
    I love some of Gracie's stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok i got the links for u and u know what these aint expensive either :-)
    http://www.amazon.com/Gracie-China-Collection-Creamware-Porcelain/dp/B004EBU4ZW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1299727341&sr=1-1

    this is pretty too , though not exactly a cake stand :-)


    http://www.amazon.com/Gracie-China-Victorian-Collection-Porcelain/dp/B004EBU52E/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1299727477&sr=1-6

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, everyone! I asked the designer herself and the stand was exclusively for Anthropologie. I guess my only hope is to find someone willing to sell theirs now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that cake stand! One can never have too many :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let me know if you find where it is from. It sure is lovely and what a shame I don't have a cake stand! can you believe?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love anthropology- they have the best stuff. The cake stand is so elegant and lovely. I'd order 1 stand preferably with the cupcakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's definitely a great looking stand! as soon as I have the space (aka moved to something larger) I'll be buying me lots of cakestands. good luck finding yours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I added your name and blog name to my Cute Hoot post. I apologize it wasn't there sooner (only the link back to your original post). I'm a newbie blogger and still learning. Much love! Happy weekend! ♥- Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks everyone for your help! No worries, Katrina. Having a link at all was very nice of you.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please leave me a message if you have questions, advice, or just to let me know you stopped by. Your feedback is always very much appreciated. Thanks! <3 Xiaolu