Sunday, March 28, 2010

Latest Music Obsession: The XX



The XX is a great new U.K. band with really laid-back but (for me at least) still powerful music. I've had their debut on repeat after getting it on Friday, and was lucky enough to unexpectedly get free tickets from a friend to see them tonight. In a synagogue no less! The intimate atmosphere was just perfect, the male singer adorably soft-spoken, and the music even richer than the recording. The video above is for their single "Crystalised." My current favorite off the album, though, is "Shelter," which doesn't have a real video yet.

PS - I welcome new music recommendations anytime. Thanks to those who've already left me some :).

2 comments:

  1. I recently stumbled across The XX and I became a little bit obsessed. Their voices complement one another so well it’s magical.

    (Found your blog through “Judy in Her Natural Habitat.” Love it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks, Alana! I've been listening non-stop to them still as well. Some might call that obsessive (cough) hehe. If you haven't already, you should listen to "Teardrops" which I think is a cover by them.

    So glad you enjoy my little site. Hope you'll come back often :).

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please leave me a message if you have questions, advice, or just to let me know you stopped by. Your feedback is always very much appreciated. Thanks! <3 Xiaolu